I wanted to upgrade myself for the season,
I wanted to restart myself just for you.
Wanted to glow like the sun in the morning
and give you, my love, something new.
1. It was dark when you came in the evening.
It was light when you left as a breeze.
And I waited all night for the token
and to give you some more than the tease.
2. I was feeling the heat in the summer,
when I looked for your track in the sand.
And the hair you left on the pillow,
was a fuse who would light in my hand.
3. I was longing for you in the autumn
and I hoped for your voice and the ring.
And I tried to stay put when the birds flew
and no angels wanted to sing.
4. And I waited for you in the winter,
when the cold filled my heart for a while.
And the sky tried to carry the burden
but the ice wouldn’t melt from my smile.
5. Are you there when the water will ripple?
Are you there to uncover the truth?
Will you show me the way to the garden,
with the flowers and herbs and the youth?
2018 © Torbjorn Gideskog
JUST FOR YOU