But when I linger on your softness
and when I´m dreaming ´bout your smile.
Then there's no doubt I'm getting closer
and I will sail another mile.
1. I cleared the ship when you were sleeping,
I set the sail when morning rose.
I had to find a yard to tender
where love is all we've got to lose.
2. I´ve been around the pearl of islands
and I have sailed the open seas.
Still I have never found the harbor,
where we could rest and find some peace.
3. I sailed in storm, I sailed in darkness,
I sailed where no one´s left to tell.
And all that saved my soul from drowning:
A star so bright before it fell.
4. I saw a glimpse of hidden gardens,
I heard the sound of golden bells.
But when I closed the gap of distance,
it was a land of someone else.
5. So I am still out on the water,
looking for signs beyond the streams.
No longer sure what might be wonder
or just a chip of morning dreams.
2016 © Torbjorn Gideskog